This week I thought I would try something different. I am going to run a series of blogs that cover the one topic. I get asked a lot about Facebook competitions and so many people complain about the complexity of them. But I am here to tell you that running competitions can be simple and effective.
The first step in running a competition on Facebook is to think about why you might be running a competition.
Competitions are a tried and tested marketing tool that continue to work effectively. There are some excellent reasons why you should consider running a competition:
- Attract new traffic to your Facebook page.
- You can promote specials, offers or new products.
- You can build your email list.
- Reward loyalty to your existing fans.
- Increase brand awareness.
What competitions can often do is allow us to leverage a small budget to create some noise around our business.
There are optimum times to run a competition on Facebook. Here are a few to get you thinking:
- When you are just starting out. A competition can do many things in this instance. When you launch a new product or service. This again can generate awareness and trial.
- Grow your audience.
- Build your brand and your business.
- If you give away a product or service in your business, it will get trial and hopefully a testimonial or referral.
- When you are having a slow period. Competitions can create excitement around your business and generate interest.
- When you reach a milestone: this can be years in business or your birthday. This gives you a reason to run the competition.
Now I know this is the first step in my series and you are not ready to run off and get a competition set up but I promise by the end of this series you will be.
Your homework for this week is to take some time to consider what is happening in your business and how you can create a competition around something that is currently going on (or possibly an upcoming event). I also want you to consider what you would like to achieve from running the competition.
In the next blog, we will look at what makes a great prize. Click here to go to blog 2.
If you have enjoyed my series on Facebook competitions, why not grab my Ultimate Guide to Facebook Competitions for only $33, click here to buy it now.