This is the second blog in a series that covers Facebook competitions. I feel that competitions on Facebook are a really underutilised marketing tool and I wanted to share with you my knowledge on how you can get up and running with a Facebook competition in your business.
In the first blog (click here to go back) we looked why you might like to run a competition and when can be a good time in your business for a competition.
Hopefully, you did your homework which was to have a closer look at your business and consider what might suit a competition. This may be the launch of a new product or a change of season.
So now you have some ideas on a reason to run a competition, let’s look at what makes a good prize for a competition.
Here are some tips on how to make a GREAT prize in your next Facebook competition:
- Make it relevant to your business: people often make the mistake of giving away a prize that is completely distinct from their brand and their business. This does nothing for your business.
- Make it relevant to your ideal customer: remind yourself what is interesting and desirable to them and create a prize that they really want.
So how do you decide what to give away as a prize?
- Consider both your business and your ideal customer.
- Consider what products or services you are happy to give away in your business.
- Consider what products or services you can give away that are complimentary to your “big ticket” sales. For example, if you sell mattresses, run a competition where the prize is bedding.
- If you are giving away your product or service, what is the impact on sales? Are you taking away a potential sale?
I hope that these ideas have inspired you to think about what prizes you could give away in your next Facebook competition.
Your homework for this week is to brainstorm a whole range of competition ideas that you could use in your business.
If you have enjoyed my series on Facebook competitions, why not grab my Ultimate Guide to Facebook Competitions for only $33, click here to buy it now.
Click here to go to Blog 3 in my series on Facebook Competitions.